Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Catching up

I have not updated my blog since I started the final project. It was very intense and it took many hours of work. This is my time to catch up.
My final project was done in partnership with Areej and it worked out great.
Our project was to design a website and a calendar for the Children and Nature non-profit. Areej and I are a great team. We would get together on Saturdays in my office and spend most of the day working. It was an interesting experience to play client and consultant at the same time. Areej interviewed me several times as I played client and we were trying to figure out ways to thank the current sponsors with the calendar and seek out new sponsors using the website. Areej came up with great design and beautiful colors. We are still working on the calendar. So far we have two versions. I like the first one better and Areej likes the second one. So we have decided to continue working this week and come up with a third version to make us both happy. I should post it sometime next week.
I like the website a lot and will upload it soon. I have it working well locally in my computer. In order to upload it it needs to be optimized. The problem with the site are the pictures. They are very high resolution and I need to work on it to make it upload faster. My friends from Brazil have not been able to see it as it is. On a dial up slow connection near 44Kbps, it took about 10 minutes to load the first page and nothing else happened. It crashed. Well, after so much work I am very motivated to make it viable in a slow connection.
I was post it here for now, but this is really work in progress
htpp://fog.ccsf.edu/~clamha/childre/index.html
This class was great and worked out well for my. I have accomplished so much in terms of seeing a real project from beginning to end. I am looking forward to continue with this project in future classes.

No comments: