Thursday, March 8, 2007

Week 6

It was great to have to opportunity to work with the FLICKR site. I was impressed by the technology. I was feeling forgiving and not too critical of the bad explanation and design of the map function. Being able to put a picture on a map was worth it. I have a lot of pictures from Brazil and I intend to use this technology to show my friends where the pictures are from. Brazil is so big and it is hard to explain where things are. This will also be used in our final web page project.
Well, back to the Map, I found it by accident while looking for something else. When we followed the video and FAQs, it was very far from the reality of using it and also time consuming. In this particular case I do not mind sacrificing design in favor of getting the technology out there and whenever time and resource permit address the design issue. The design of my department web site is not good, but the information is fine so we decided that is important to have the content to be updated and let the design wait until someone has the time to work on it.

1 comment:

Come and See Africa said...

Keep up with exploration, and also with your learning log.

Kim